In these Summary Terms & Conditions the term ‘Exhibitor’ means any person, firm or company who has made an application for and who has been granted stand space at the exhibition. The term ‘Exhibition’ means the event detailed on the Booking Form overleaf. The term ‘Organiser’ means Archant or their lawful assigns.
- ALLOCATION OF STAND SPACE:
Upon receipt of the contractual Booking Form from the Exhibitor, the Organiser will confirm the allocation of the appropriate stand space by the issuing of a confirmation VAT invoice.
The Exhibitor must not display any exhibits or merchandise in addition to or in place of those described on the Booking Form, without the prior written permission of the Organiser. Advertising literature or other products not relating to the Exhibitor’s business must not be displayed or distributed from either the stand space or anywhere else within the Exhibition venue.
- CANCELLATION OF STAND SPACE:
(1) If the Exhibitor wishes to cancel the stand space booking after acceptance by the Organiser, or alternatively the Exhibitor fails to meet any of the payment obligations (whether as to the amounts or the dates of payment – see Clause 10 below) detailed on the Booking Form and/or invoice, then the Organiser reserves the right (without being obliged to do so and without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Organiser) to apply the following cancellation/ termination charge and to resell or reallocate such stand space: Cancellation/termination occurring:
(a) Between booking and 3 months, cancellation charge of 75% of total cost plus VAT.
(b) Between 3 months and date of event, cancellation charge of 100% of total cost plus VAT.
(2) If the Exhibitor wishes to cancel the stand space booking then written notice must be forwarded to and received by the Organiser by registered post not later than the time-scales referred to in
(1) above. The Organiser shall not be obliged to accept the Exhibitor’s notice of cancellation.
(3) The Organiser may resell or reallocate the cancelled stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation charge.
- REDUCTION OF STAND SPACE:
When an Exhibitor wishes to reduce the size of the stand space booking after acceptance by the Organiser, then written notice must be forwarded to and received by the Organiser by registered post. The Organiser reserves the right to apply the scale of cancellation charge detailed in Section 4 above to the total cost, in proportion to the amount of space by which the original stand space is reduced. The Organiser may resell or reallocate the stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation charge. The Organiser shall not be obliged to accept the Exhibitor’s notice of reduction.
- RELOCATION OF STAND SPACE:
Should it be necessary for the Organiser to revise the layout of the Exhibition floor plan for any reason, the Organiser reserves the right to transfer the Exhibitor to another stand space within the Exhibition without recourse to compensation, unless the stand space is reduced in size in which case the cost of the stand space shall be reduced proportionately.
- BANKRUPTCY OR LIQUIDATION OF EXHIBITOR:
If an Exhibitor being an individual or business becomes bankrupt, is issued with a receiving order or makes a creditors arrangement, or in the case of a Limited company goes into liquidation or has a receiver appointed, the contract with the Exhibitor shall be terminated and the Cancellation terms and charges detailed in Clause 4 above shall be applied.
- BUILD-UP AND BREAK-DOWN:
The Exhibitor must adhere to the build-up and break-down times stipulated in the exhibition instructions. In the event that the Exhibitor fails to remove all their property, furniture and waste material from the Exhibition venue by the end of the contracted break-down time on the final day, these items will be removed and the Exhibitor will be solely liable for all costs incurred in such removal, storage and/or disposal. Neither the Organiser, the venue nor any of the show contractors will be liable for any damage to such property or any loss incurred by the Exhibitor in these circumstances.
- PROHIBITION OF TRANSFER:
The Exhibitor must not assign, sub-let nor grant licences in respect of the whole or any part of the stand space allocated to them without the prior written permission of the Organiser.
- PAYMENT OF STAND SPACE:
Payment in full at time of booking, unless agreed otherwise with the Organiser.
If payments are not made by the Exhibitor in accordance with the agreed schedule, then the Organiser reserves the right to apply the scale of cancellation/termination charges to the total cost as detailed in Section 4 above.
The Organiser may resell or reallocate the stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation /termination charge. The Exhibitor shall however remain fully liable for any amount outstanding on this booking.
- PROMOTION AND PRESENTATION:
The Organiser shall have sole discretion as to organising and promoting the Exhibition in such manner as considered appropriate and reserves the right to amend or vary the manner or methods of such organisation and promotion without explanation or liability. Any statements made by or on behalf of the Organiser as to attendance projections or methods or timing of promotional activities shall constitute only general indications of the Organiser’s promotion and organising strategy, and shall not amount to any representation or warranty.
- POSTPONEMENT OR ABANDONMENT:
(1) In the event of any abandonment, postponement, relocation or limitation of the Exhibition, any restriction on the use of the premises or any part thereof, or any failure of the services provided therein, the Exhibitor or his agents or contractors shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organiser in respect of any resulting loss or damage and the Exhibitor’s liabilities to the Organiser shall not in anyway be affected.
(2) The Organiser accepts no responsibility if delivery of goods and materials or the execution of work is held up or prevented by any cause beyond their control, including without liability the generality of the following:
(a) Strike, lock-out, labour disturbance or restriction;
(b) Failure by the Exhibitor, his agents or contractors to give instructions or supply the necessary stand plans in due time.
- EXHIBITOR & CONSEQUENTIAL LIABILITY:
(1) The Exhibitor hereby accepts total liability for all acts or omissions of himself, his business, directors, employees, servants, contractors, agents and visitors, and undertakes to indemnify the Organiser against any and all liability in respect thereof and against any and all actions, legal suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses whatsoever, which may be taken or made against the Organiser or incurred or become payable, which arise there from or in respect thereof. This includes any and all claims arising from death, personal injury and the supply by the Exhibitor of merchandise or samples of any
kind whether such items be sold or complimentary, plus any and all legal costs, compensation, disbursements and expenses should these be paid by the Organiser on the advice of Counsel to compromise or settle any such claims.
(2) Neither the Organiser, venue owner, shell scheme contractor nor any of their employees shall be responsible for the safety of any exhibit or property of any Exhibitor or any other person, or for the loss or damage of or destruction to the same by theft, fire or any other cause whatsoever, or for any and all loss or damage incurred or sustained by the Exhibitor by reason of any defect in the venue building or structure caused by fire, storm, tempest, lightning, national emergency, war, terrorism, labour dispute,
strike or lock-out, civil disturbance, explosion, accident, force majeure, or any other cause not within the control of the Organiser, whether foreseeable or not, or for any consequential or financial loss or damage caused by reason of any such event happening or the building becomes wholly or partially unavailable for the Exhibition.
- EXHIBITOR INSURANCE:
The Exhibitor is required to take out appropriate third party public liability insurance for a minimum of £1,000,000 with a reputable insurance company and to produce a copy of such insurance policy to the Organiser if so requested. The Exhibitor is also advised to insure against cancellation, abandonment, postponement, the full replacement value of the contents of their stand space, all associated ancillary equipment and materials, and all other contingencies including those detailed in these Summary
. 15. RECORDING AT EVENTS
By attending our event you abide to our terms and conditions.
CCTV and cameras (including TV) may be present at the event. By purchasing a Ticket to the Event and/or attending the Event you give your express consent to all such filming and to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording (“Footage”), all rights in which will be owned by us. You also agree that any such Footage may be used by us in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, including (with the exception of CCTV or security Footage) for commercial purposes.
Archant © 2017